Fukushima Prefectural Museum of Art (福島県立美術館)
The Fukushima Prefectural Museum of Art which is only a few steps from the Bijutsukan Toshokan Mae (Museum and Library) Station. It is located at the foot of Mt. Shinobu which is the symbol of Fukushima City, surrounded by rich nature where the chirping of wild birds can be heard, vast grounds of many trees and flowers, wide lawns and a Japanese garden. The museum has a collection of over 3,800 art works, including paintings, woodblock prints, sculpture and handicrafts. A collection of overseas art works of European Impressionists such as Monet and Gauguin and modern American realism paintings are displayed. In addition, there are also many works of art by artists from Fukushima Prefecture such as artist Sekine Tadashi and a print artist, Saito Kiyoshi.
Fukushima Pref. Fukushimashi Moriai Nishiyouzan 1 (Fukushima / NihonmatsuArea)
Review of Fukushima Prefectural Art MuseuumTripAdvisor Traveler Rating
It is a quiet museum with many Rodin sculptures and a...
- Fukushima Pref. Fukushimashi Moriai Nishiyouzan 1 [map]
- 9:30-17:00(Latest entry16:30)
- Monday (The next day for Public holiday), The next day for Public holiday (Open for Saturday Sunday)
- [Admission fee] 280yen (Friday is separately charged for special exhibitions)
- Parking Lot
- Credit Card
- Not available
- Temporary suspension:Currently closed (information as of May 8, 2020)
* Information may be changed, so please be sure to check the official information.
Information Sources: NAVITIME JAPAN
- On foot aboutminutes
- about m
- Route from this Station Route from this Bus Stop Route from this IC Route from this Parking
Nearby Tourist Attractions
Fukushima is a blend of fantastic scenery, delectable sake, and kaleidoscopic colors. This nature-rich prefecture displays its splendor from the hidden Abukuma Cave underground right to the top of its sky-high mountain road, known as the Bandai-Azuma Skyline.