Akigin Omorin no Mori, Akita City Omoriyama Zoo
The Omoriyama Zoo opened in 1973 and is approximately 8.8 hectares in size. The zoo has a characteristic terrain being surrounded by various trees and plants, and has a spring water lake called “Shiohikigata” in the center. There are 97 kinds of animals kept in the zoo and it takes approximately 90 minutes to leisurely walk around seeing them. There is also a visitor center, snack corner, the “Asove Forest” with large playground equipment, and an observation platform as well as Omoriyama Amusement Park “Aniba.” It is approximately 15 minutes from Akita Minami Interchange on the Akita Expressway.
- Akita Pref. Akitashi Hamada Katabata 154 Map
[Saturday, Sunday, Public holiday(Jan.-Feb.)]10:00-15:00(Last entry14:30)
- Open throughout the season(2020/3/20-11/30Open)
[Admission fee] Adults730yen, Free for high school students and younger
* Group (Adults 20 or more) 530yen
- Parking Lot
- Credit Card
- Not available
- * Admission fee may change when consumption tax is revised.
- Can be enjoyed even on a rainy day
- Average budget
- [Lunch] 1-1,000yen
- Estimated stay time
- 60-120 minutes
- Wheelchair accessible
- Infant friendly
Information Sources: NAVITIME JAPAN
- Its not the biggest zoo in the world, but it gets the job done
- Cant beat the price! Sure, the zoo doesnt necessarily have the most impressive collection of animals, but you sure get lots of value for the money!
- Smallbut very well run.
- Lovely little zoo. We visited on a scorching day and spent time looking at the animals and enjoying the adventure playground before resting in the airconditioned visitor centre. The animals dont...
TripAdvisor Traveler RatingView more
- m | On foot about minutes
There is no Station nearby. There is no Bus Stop nearby. There is no Parking nearby. There is no IC nearby.