The National Important Cultural Property designated Korakukan was built in 1910 as a theater in the Meiji period. Kurogo (stage assistants dressed in black) explain the history and characteristics of the playhouse, the stage equipment and the dressing room to visitors, and plays are still performed. There is also a shop and a buckwheat soba noodle restaurant in the hall. Lunch boxes can be ordered three days in advance, so visitors can eat and drink while watching a play at their seats. It is approximately three minutes by car from Kosaka Interchange on the Tohoku Expressway.
- Akita Pref. Kadunogunkosakamachi Kosakakouzan Matsunoshita 2
- New Year's Holiday(12/29-1/3)
[Facility tour fee] 660yen
[Play Admission fee to view] 2,200yen
- Parking Lot
- Credit Card
- Available (VISA, MasterCard, JCB, AMEX, UnionPay, DISCOVER, Diners Club)
- Not available
- Can be enjoyed even on a rainy day
- Wheelchair accessible
- Infant friendly
Information Sources: NAVITIME JAPAN
Articles about this spot
- Superkabuki Translation = Variety Show
- I first heard about this theatre on the NHK travel show Journeys in Japan, which - for some reason - made me think superkabuki was a shortened (2 hours) but still serious performance (despite the...
- An amazing small-town theater
- Residents of a thriving mining town needed entertainment, so they got a theater with a fashionable western exterior and a thoroughly traditional Japanese interior, where you sit on a cushion on the...
- Odd but interesting...
- I dont think Kosaka gets many English-speaking tourists, so its not really set up for people like us whose Japanese is basic to say the least. However, it makes up for it with enthusiasm and...
TripAdvisor Traveler RatingView more
- m | On foot about minutes
There is no Station nearby. There is no Bus Stop nearby. There is no Parking nearby. There is no IC nearby.
Other areas of Akita
- Towada Hachimantai / Shirakami
- Kosaka Mining Office
- Ani Ski Resort
- Hakka Pass Viewing Platform
- Kakunodate / Lake Tazawa / Nyuto
- Kakunodate Bukeyashiki (Samurai Residence Area)
- Rest Village Nyuto Onsenkyo
- Akita Tazawako Snow Resort
- Yokote / Yuzawa / Kurikoma
- Akita Furusato Village
- Yokote Masuda Manga Museum
- Oyasukyo Daifunto
- Central Akita / Oga Peninsula
- Oga Aquarium GAO
- Namahage Museum
- Akigin Omorin no Mori, Akita City Omoriyama Zoo