This volcano in the center of Yamagata prefecture is designated a special Area of Bandai-Asahi National Park. It’s a famous mountain in many ways, named to any number of lists of Japan’s best mountains and scenery. In addition, it’s the source of one of Japan’s famous spring waters, Gassansanroku Spring. The peak is home to Gassan-jinja Shrine, and is a frequent pilgrimage stop for climbers and tourists. There is a summer skiing course open from April to July, but in winter it’s closed as there is actually too much snow for safe skiing.
- Yamagata Pref. Tsuruokashi Haguromachikawadai
- Shonai Area (North)
- [Monday Mountain Pair Chair lift] 8:00-16:30
- [Environmental beautification Cooperation money] [Apr.--June] 500yen/car [July--Oct.] 200yen/person (Junior high school students and below are free)
- Parking Lot
- Available * Ubasawa Parking Lot
Information Sources: NAVITIME JAPAN
Articles about this spot
- m | On foot about minutes
There is no Station nearby. There is no Bus Stop nearby. There is no Parking nearby. There is no IC nearby.