Towada Art Center
Located on Kanchogai-dori Avenue in Towada City, the Towada Art Center exhibits the artistic works of internationally-renowned artists like Yayoi Kusama and Ron Mueck. Intended to be a “facility for providing new experiences through art”, this center functions as a central pillar for the “Arts Towada Project” to make all of Kanchogai-dori Avenue function like a big art museum. It includes a café and activity spaces, offering chances to revitalize Towada City as an art town.
- Aomori Pref. Towadashi Nishinibanchou 10-9
- 9:00-17:00(Last entry16:30)
- Monday (The next day for Public holidays)
- [Admission fee] 1,800yen (1,000yen if there is no special exhibition)
- Parking Lot
- Available * Nishi2bancho Parking Lot, Towada City About90spaces 1 Times200yen (Free parking ticket will be distributed to museum fee viewers)
- Credit Card
- Not available
- Not available
Temporary suspension of business:Closed until June 8, 2020 (Information as of May 25, 2020)
* Information may be changed, so please be sure to check the official information.
- Can be enjoyed even on a rainy day
- Estimated stay time
- 60-120 minutes
- Wheelchair accessible
- Infant friendly
Information Sources: NAVITIME JAPAN
Articles about this spot
- Interesting and relatable art work at a modern musuem
- We loved this little modern art museum. Unlike most of the modern art museums, where I couldnt understand or relate to most of the art work. The art work at the Towada Art Center was more...
- If you are in Aomori make sure to visit this place! There is a bus from aomori station to Towada and it takes about 2 hours. I went in Febuary where there was a lot of snow and it was beautiful...
- Wonderful Snowy Day at the Towada Art Ceter
- We enjoyed the permanent exhibition at the Towada Art Center. The light and airy building housed an international group of contemporary artists. The rooftop exhibit is closed during winter months...
TripAdvisor Traveler RatingView more
- m | On foot about minutes
There is no Station nearby. There is no Bus Stop nearby. There is no Parking nearby. There is no IC nearby.