Matsushima Shimameguri Kankosen cruises
Pleasure Boat / Water Cruise
Matsushima Shimameguri Kankosen cruises offer scheduled trips on large ships, setting out from the Matsushima Coast, for 50-minute cruises in which passengers can enjoy viewing the Matsushima Islands, which have traditionally been ranked as one of the “Three Views of Japan.” For an additional charge, passengers can relax and enjoy the views from the luxury seats on the ship’s upper deck. Other island cruises using medium-sized and small-boats (for groups of at least 15 passengers and at least 12 passengers respectively) are also available; because these boats have a shallower draught than the larger Nio-maru, they are able to follow different routes, giving passengers a closer look at the Matsushima Islands.
- Miyagi Pref. Miyagigunmatsushimamachi Matsushima Chounai 85
- open everyday (may be suspended due to stormy weather, thick fog, etc.)
- [General fee Friday] [Adults (Junior high school students and older)] 1,500yen [Children (Elementary school students)] 750yen [Toddlers (Pre-schoolers)] Free
- Parking Lot
- Not available (Please use the nearby Fee parking lot)
- Credit Card
- Not available
- Not available
- English Menu
Temporary suspension of business:Closed until June 12, 2020 (Information as of June 9, 2020)
*Information may be changed, so please be sure to check the official information.
- Can be enjoyed even on a rainy day
- Average budget
- [Lunch] 1,001-3,000yen
- Estimated stay time
- 30-60 minutes (time required about 50 minutes)
- Wheelchair accessible
- Infant friendly
- Pet friendly
- Yes (It is a condition that you put it in a cage etc. and do not take it out on board)
Information Sources: NAVITIME JAPAN
- So many islands ...
- Many islands, small to large, in various shapes, some with caves, are there. In addition, there are many gulls and black-tailed gulls (in Japan black-tailed gull is called Umineko – sea cat – as its...
- Highlight of Japan trip
- If nearby you MUST take this boat trip. The scenery is unbelievable beautiful and it honestly feels like you are in a film set.Worth every single yen
- Seeing Matsushima Bay with the eyes of Poet Basho
- The pleasure boat will take you to some of the most breathtaking rock formations that are entirely made by nature and national treasury. Bit of advice for those with a light stomach, part of the...
TripAdvisor Traveler RatingView more
- m | On foot about minutes
There is no Station nearby. There is no Bus Stop nearby. There is no Parking nearby. There is no IC nearby.