Sankyo Warehouses Sakata Yume no Kura (Sakata City Tourism and Product Hall) (山居倉庫 酒田夢の倶楽(酒田市観光物産館))
Standing near the Nagasaki Ohashi Bridge, Sankyo Warehouse, built in 1893, is still used as an agricultural storehouse today. A portion of the warehouse was remodeled and opened as Sakata Yume-no-Kura, a tourism facility and collection of shops selling local products. The Hana-no-Yakata museum presents the history of Sakata City and its culture through exhibits and informational panels. The facility has an open terrace and restaurants serving light meals, and visitors can enjoy Tsuya-hime soft serve ice cream and Tama-konnyaku, local specialties. There is also a corner selling seafood products, Shonai rice, and other top Yamagata souvenirs.
Yamagata Sakata-shi Sankyomachi 1-1-20 (Sakata / TsuruokaArea)
Review of Sakata YumenokuraTripAdvisor Traveler Rating
- [Shonai Rice History Museum only] Adults300yen, 20people and above250yen
- Parking Lot
- Available (27spaces, large bus 3spaces)
- Credit Card
- Available (VISA, MasterCard, JCB, AMEX, UnionPay, DISCOVER, Diners Club)
- Others (corner available outside the building)
- Temporary suspension:Closed until May 16, 2020 (Information as of May 14, 2020)
* Information may be changed, so please be sure to check the official information.
- Estimated stay time
- 30-60 minutes
- Wheelchair accessible
- Infant friendly
Information Sources: NAVITIME JAPAN
- On foot aboutminutes
- about m
- Route from this Station Route from this Bus Stop Route from this IC Route from this Parking
Nearby Tourist Attractions
Although often overlooked, Yamagata prefecture by no means lacks appeal: the Yamadera temple trail through the mountains, deliciously tender Yonezawa wagyu, and over 100 steaming hot springs, most notably Zao Onsen, await visitors. When winter comes, the snowcapped peaks become dotted with skiers by day and onsen-goers by night, while summer brings the celebration of juicy Yamagata cherries.