Castle / Ruins of Castle
With its unusual four-tier main tower, Ogaki Castle has become a beloved symbol of Ogaki City. Ogaki Castle is famous as having been the headquarters of Ishida Mitsunari (the commander of the Western Army) at the time of the Battle of Sekigahara. In the Castle museum, visitors can view a diorama of the Battle of Kuise-gawa, and Rensho Kinzei-no-Sho (a prohibition jointly signed by the commanders) of the Western Army and Eastern Army immediately prior to the Battle of Sekigahara. There is also an experiential activity zone where visitors can handle matchlock muskets, spears and bows that were actually used during the Sengoku (Warring States) period. Ogaki Castle is located around 10-minute walk from JR Ogaki Station.
- Gifu Pref. Ogakishi Kuruwamachi 2-52
- Seino Area
- 9:00-17:00(Last entry16:30)
- Tuesday (The next day for Public holidays), The next day for Public holidays, New Year's Holiday (12/29-1/3)
[High School Students and below] Free
* Admission to 2 facilities, Ogaki Castle and Sato Saturday Bldg
- Parking Lot
- Not available
- Credit Card
- Not available
Temporary suspension of business:Closed until May 31, 2020 (Information as of May 29, 2020)
* Information may be changed, so please be sure to check the official information.
Information Sources: NAVITIME JAPAN
- Small, but lovely castle
- Ogaki Castle is located in the very center of the city, and even if you walk from JR station, it takes only 10 minutes. This castle is unfortunately a reconstruction. So I didn’t enter inside, but...
- Not the biggest or the best, but a very nice castle with very interesting history. I like the roof caps and interior museum
- Ogaki Castle
- Ogaki Castle itself is small, but still offers a charm of its ownThe problem with Ogaki Castle is that it is out of the way for most tourists. If you find yourself in Nagoya or the surrounding Gifu...
TripAdvisor Traveler RatingView more
- m | On foot about minutes
There is no Station nearby. There is no Bus Stop nearby. There is no Parking nearby. There is no IC nearby.