Gero Onsen Gassho-Mura下呂温泉合掌村
Gero Onsen Gassho-Mura is an outdoor museum featuring a collection of traditional gassho-style thatched farmhouses that have been moved to the site from areas such as Shirakawa-go. There is also the Kage-e Geki Shirasagi-za shadow puppet theatre, displays about traditional folk customs, and workshops where visitors can try their hand at craft activities, etc.; at Gero Onsen Gassho-Mura, visitors can get a real feel for how people used to live in the Hida region. Visitors can also enjoy the “Gassho no Ashiyu” footbath, which uses water from the Gero Onsen hot springs (one of the top three ranked hot springs systems in Japan).
Gifu Pref. Geroshi Mori 2369 (Gero / Minami-HidaArea)
Review of Gero Onsen GasshomuraTripAdvisor Traveler Rating
You can watch the introduction of Hezhang Village. In addition to the facilities of the slide, there are also art performances. Going...
- open everyday
- [Admission fee]
- Parking Lot
- Credit Card
- Available (VISA, MasterCard, JCB, AMEX, UnionPay)
- Temporary suspension of business:Closed until May 31, 2020 (Information as of May 15, 2020)
* Information may be changed, so please be sure to check the official information.
- Can be enjoyed even on a rainy day
- Average budget
- [Lunch] 1,001-3,000yen
- Estimated stay time
- 60-120 minutes
- Wheelchair accessible
- Yes (wheelchairs available *Free)
- Infant friendly
- Pet friendly
- Available (rental cart available *Free)
Information Sources: NAVITIME JAPAN
- On foot aboutminutes
- about m
- Route from this Station Route from this Bus Stop Route from this IC Route from this Parking
Nearby Tourist Attractions
Tucked away in the very center of Japan, Gifu prefecture houses mountains, old towns, and one of Japan's greatest hot springs, Gero Onsen. A tour of the prefecture's traditional architecture will take you from the mountain-enveloped wooden streets of Takayama to the mountain village of Shirakawago, where visitors can explore 250-year-old thatched roofed houses known as gassho-zukuri.