Tojinbo Tower rises to a height of 100 meters above sea level and 55 meters above the ground, giving spectacular views; its status as the only large observation tower on the Sea of Japan coast has made it very popular. From the second floor level of the Tower, visitors can view the Tojinbo Coast, with its precipitous cliffs (sculpted by the action of the Sea of Japan’s fierce waves) which extend for a length of around one kilometer, as well as Oshima Island and the Echizen Coast; looking the other way, they can see the peaks of Mt. Hakusan. Tojinbo Tower is also famous as a great place for bringing couples closer together. The Tower is located approximately 25-minute drive from the Kanazu Interchange on the Hokuriku Expressway.
- Fukui Pref. Sakaishi Mikunichouantou Tojiban
- Awara / Sakai Area
- 9:00-17:00 (depending on the season, please inquire)
- open everyday
[Observatory Admission fee]Adults500yen, Children300yen
- Parking Lot
- Credit Card
- Not available
Information Sources: NAVITIME JAPAN
- shouldnt be in the middle of a national park
- It didnt go up it but visited the Tojinbo cliffs. The tower dominates the whole area and although we enjoyed the day, the irony and tackiness of the tower does spoil the area a great deal. I would...
- Beautiful views, food and souveineers
- Gorgeous views out to the Japan Sea. Just a short drive/walk up the coast to ooshima, a small island linked to the mainland by a beautiful red bridge. This is visable from Tojinbo. There is a wide...
TripAdvisor Traveler RatingView more
- m | On foot about minutes
There is no Station nearby. There is no Bus Stop nearby. There is no Parking nearby. There is no IC nearby.
Other areas of Fukui
- Eihei-ji Temple / Ono / Katsuyama
- Eihei-ji Temple
- Skijam Katsuyama
- Fukui Prefectural Dinosaur Museum Field Station
- Tsuruga / Mikata Five Lakes
- Nihonkai Sakanamachi Seafood Market
- Mikatagoko Rainbow Line
- Tsuruga Red Brick Warehouse