Toyama Glass Art Museum
The Toyama Glass Art Museum, which opened in 2015, is a museum that aims to spread awareness of the beauty of modern glass art and of its future potential. The Museum has displays of modern glass art works from the Museum’s own collection (which were collected by Toyama City Government over a period of 30 years), along with a glass art garden, and also holds a variety of special exhibitions and other events. The Museum is located around one-minute walk from the Nishicho Station on the Toyama Chihou Railway “Shiden” tram line.
- Toyama Pref. Toyamashi Nishichou 5-1 Map
- Toyama Area
- [Permanent Exhibition/Special Exhibition] [Sunday-Thursday] 9:30-18:00 [Friday/Saturday] 9:30-20:00 [Cafe] 9:30-17:00 [Museum Shop] [Sunday-Thursday] 9:30-18:00 [Friday/Saturday] 9:30-19:30
- [Permanent Exhibition/Special Exhibition] 1st/3Wednesday, New Year's holiday, Closed Sunday may differ depending on the special exhibition. [Museum Shop] 1stWednesday, New Year's holiday [Cafe] Tuesday (Open on public holidays), 1stWednesday , New Year's holiday
- [Admission fee] [General/University students (at the time of permanent exhibition)] 200yen (170yen/person for 20 people and above groups) * Admission fee is different for special exhibitions.
- Parking Lot
- Not available
- Credit Card
- Available(VISA, MasterCard, JCB, AMEX, Diners Club, J-Debit)
- Not available
- Available (Free Wi-Fi)
- English Menu
- Available (Kimuroya Cafe)
Temporary closure:Currently closed (information as of May 15, 2020)
* Information may be changed, so please be sure to check the official information.
- Can be enjoyed even on a rainy day
- Average budget
- [Lunch] 1,001-3,000yen Remarks:* Admission fee
- Estimated stay time
- 60-120 minutes (each exhibition, there are individual differences)
- Wheelchair accessible
- Infant friendly
Information Sources: NAVITIME JAPAN
Articles about this spot
- Nice place, recommended
- We hurried to this muzium toward the end of our visit to toyama. Pleasant surprise to find out they have nice glass exhibition especially on the 4th floor. Truly colourful and pleasing. In fact...
- Definitely Worth A Visit
- Love the architecture, with the lovely use of wood accents in the interior.There was an exhibition featuring glass artworks by Dale Chihuly, as well as some pieces featuring local Japanese glass...
- Toyama Glass Art Museum
- Its simply amazing and stunning at what people can do with glass. Its designed by Japanese architect (Kengo/Kuma). As you enter the building, youll be mesmerised by the architectural design...
TripAdvisor Traveler RatingView more
- m | On foot about minutes
There is no Station nearby. There is no Bus Stop nearby. There is no Parking nearby. There is no IC nearby.