Hotaruika Museum (at Roadside Station Wave Park Namerikawa)
Museum / Science Museum
The Hotaruika Museum at the Wave Namerikawa roadside station is an experience-oriented museum where visitors can enjoy a “Luminous Light Live Show” at the Live Theatre featuring the bioluminescent Firefly Squid or get up close to the living creatures of Toyama Bay at the “Mysteries of the Deep Ocean” zone, having the opportunity to learn about Firefly Squid and Toyama Bay in an enjoyable way. The Hotaruika Museum is located around 10-minute drive from the Namerikawa Interchange on the Hokuriku Expressway.
- Toyama Pref. Namerikawashi Nakagawara 410
- 9:00-17:00(Last entry16:30)
- [6/1-3/19] Tuesday (The next day for Public holidays) [Jan.] Between the last Monday and 3 Sundays
- [Admission fee] [6/1-3/19] Adults620yen [3/20-5/31] Adults820yen
- Parking Lot
- Credit Card
- Not available
- Not available
- Vegetarian Menu
- English Menu
- Can be enjoyed even on a rainy day
- Average budget
- [Lunch] 1-1,000yen
- Estimated stay time
- 30-60 minutes
- Wheelchair accessible
- Infant friendly
Information Sources: NAVITIME JAPAN
- Nice building and great museum for children and whoever loves squids
- Nice building and great museum for children and whoever loves squids Nice view of the sea from the museum and nice cafeteria with great view.
- Review of Firefly Squid Boat Tour
- The firefly squid boat trip booking has to made online. When I did that as early as when the season just opened for bookong, I was immediately put on waiting list and there was no confirmation. I...
- Terrible night
- Its a long story. I saw this natural wonder, a firefly squid of Toyama bay, from TV, probably Nat. Geo. Channel. When we planned our second trip to Japan, me and my wife, decided to try to see these...
TripAdvisor Traveler RatingView more
- m | On foot about minutes
There is no Station nearby. There is no Bus Stop nearby. There is no Parking nearby. There is no IC nearby.