Kutani Kosen Pottery Kiln
This is a long-established store continuing since 1870, located at the “Kutani-yaki” pottery, a craft representative of Ishikawa Prefecture. All the work is completed by hand from molding the clay to the first kiln, second firing and decorating with glaze, and the techniques of old Kokutani and revived Kutani continued to be protected even today. In addition to being able to see the manufacturing process in the workshop, visitors are able to experience painting a design to make their very own original piece. There is an exhibition room with a variety of kiln artwork, and pieces from traditional style to those of everyday use are for sale. The nearest station is Nomachi Station.
- Ishikawa Pref. Kanazawashi Nomachi 5-3-3
- New Year's Day
- [Admission fee]Free
- Parking Lot
- Credit Card
- Available (VISA, MasterCard, JCB, AMEX, etc.)
- Wheelchair accessible
- Infant friendly
Information Sources: NAVITIME JAPAN
Articles about this spot
- Wonderful craft experience for the whole family
- My family visited Kutani Kosen Kiln in December 2019. We had a short informative tour of the factory and then we were shown to the craft room where we all chose our own piece to decorate. Three of us...
- An Informative Visit
- We stopped in as a group as my wife is into porcelain painting.The owner of the kiln spoke good English and was very happy to take the time to show us the process of making the pottery. They...
- Worth a visit
- I would recommend a visit here if you are in the area. It is a pottery store with a long family history. Evidently they are well known for hand made pottery. The owner himself did the tour and...
TripAdvisor Traveler RatingView more
- m | On foot about minutes
There is no Station nearby. There is no Bus Stop nearby. There is no Parking nearby. There is no IC nearby.