Echigo-Matsunoyama Museum of Natural Science “Mori no Gakko” Kyororo (十日町市立里山科学館 越後松之山「森の学校」キョロロ)
This is a natural science museum built in nature-rich satoyama (village-vicinity mountain) in Tokamachi City, Niigata Prefecture. It introduces many displays related to the heavy snows of the satoyama as well as exhibits made in cooperation with local residents. The permanent exhibition includes the “Forrest Aquarium,” a display of aquatic life in the rice terraced area, an area introducing the lifestyle of the town in the snow, the local resident’s ‘treasures’ as well as an area for creative works. There is also a variety of experience programs such as a nature observation tour, rice making experience, and a woodworking experience using natural wood.
Nigata Pref. Tokamachishi Matsunoyamamatsuguchi 1712-2 (Yuzawa / Uonuma / TokamachiArea)
- Nigata Pref. Tokamachishi Matsunoyamamatsuguchi 1712-2 [map]
- 9:00-17:00(Latest entry16:30)
- Tuesday (Next Weekday for Public holidays), 12/26-12/31
- [Admission fee]
[Up to Junior high school student] Free
* Group discount (from 20 people) 50yen discount, JAF member discount (up to 5 people) 50yen discount
- Parking Lot
- Credit Card
- Not available
- Temporary suspension of business:Closed until May 22, 2020 (Information as of May 18, 2020)
* Information may be changed, so please be sure to check the official information.
Information Sources: NAVITIME JAPAN
- On foot aboutminutes
- about m
- Route from this Station Route from this Bus Stop Route from this IC Route from this Parking
Nearby Tourist Attractions
Found along the northwestern coast of Japan, Niigata prefecture is celebrated for its high-quality rice and breathtaking nature, most notably its spectacular mountains, whose white peaks draw in snow sports lovers from far and wide over the winter months. Hit the slopes at Yuzawa, pick out your favourite modern artist at Echigo Tsumari, or take a ferry over to Sado Island for an extra adventure.