Echizen Matsushima Aquarium
This aquarium is located within Echizen-Kaga Kaigan Quasi-National Park in Sakai City, Fukui Prefecture. It is near the scenic spot Tojinbo. There are several exhibits where visitors can observe and interact with marine and waterside life up close, as well as shows and feeding events. There’s a large “ocean fish tank” containing a school of nearly 3,000 sardines, as well as a “coral sea” featuring a water tank underneath the glass floor, making it feel like you’re walking on the surface. Visitors can also watch penguins swim from an underwater tunnel and swim along with the fish in the “jabu jabu ocean pool.”
- Fukui Pref. Sakaishi Mikunichousaki 74-2-3 Map
- Awara / Sakai Area
[During summer SaturdaySundayPublic holidays and Bon Festival]9:00-20:00
- open everyday
- [Admission fee][Adult]2,000yen[Elementary and junior high school students]1,000yen[Toddlers (3 years old and above)]500yen
- Parking Lot
- Credit Card
- Available (VISA, MasterCard, JCB, UnionPay)
- Not available
- Available (Not available Wi-Fi only for customers)
Temporary suspension:Closed until May 10, 2020 (Information as of May 8, 2020)
* Information may be changed, so please be sure to check the official information.
- Can be enjoyed even on a rainy day
- Yes (Umbrellas are required as there are outdoor facilities)
- Average budget
- Estimated stay time
- 60-120 minutes (There are experience corners in various places, so it tends to go over time)
- Wheelchair accessible
- Available (There are 3 wheelchairs for free rental, but we recommend bringing your own)
- Infant friendly
- Available (There are several strollers for free rental, but we recommend bringing your own.)
Information Sources: NAVITIME JAPAN
Articles about this spot
- Great aquarium
- Entrance fee is a bit expensive, almost 2000 yen per person, but a discount can be had with a coupon. Check their website for any coupons before going.A great aquarium once inside, with many...
- とにかく古いが役には立つ Not necessary for tourist
- Great aquarium
- Price to enter is a little high, but theres lot to see inside, with a wide variety of animals. Many kinds of fish, including some rare and unusual ones, jellyfish, octopus, sharks and rays, otters...
TripAdvisor Traveler RatingView more
- m | On foot about minutes
There is no Station nearby. There is no Bus Stop nearby. There is no Parking nearby. There is no IC nearby.