Nomura Samurai Residence
A collection of buildings which once served as the residence of the Nomura samurai family during the era of Japan’s feudal domains. This popular tourist destination is located in Kanazawa, Ishikawa. Walking the stone paving and earthen walled alleys of the site, you’ll be able to get a taste of the life a samurai and his lady wife lived during the Edo period. The Nomura family served as regional administrators for generations; today, their home is open to the general public, and visitors can view fusuma screen paintings by the Kano school painter Sasaki Senkei, the interiors of buildings with glass and paper screen doors, tea rooms, and the family garden. Visited by great numbers of tourists from overseas as well, the residence is an internationally renowned sightseeing spot.
- Ishikawa Pref. Kanazawashi Nagamachi 1-3-32
- 12/26, 12/27, 1/1, 1/2
[High school student] 400yen
[Elementary and Junior High School Students] 250yen
- Parking Lot
- Credit Card
- Not available
- Not available
- Available(KANAZAWA FREE Wi-Fi Lite)
Temporary suspension of operations:Closed until May 31, 2020 (Information as of May 18, 2020)
* Information may be changed, so please be sure to check the official information.
- Estimated stay time
- 0-30 minutes
- Infant friendly
Information Sources: NAVITIME JAPAN
Articles about this spot
- Visit the Nomura Samurai House and the Nagamachi District
- Definitely take the time to explore the Nagamachi district and visit the Nomura house while you at there. Both the neighborhood and the house itself are fascinating.
- Nomura Family Samurai House
- Fascinating insight into Samurai life in 16th century - including thankyou note for delivering the head of a highly ranked soldier from the enemy killed at a battle the previous month
- If you big fan of samurai and happen to be in kanazawa, dont forget to visit this place. This house have samurai armor and also the sword (katana). Even if the house is not big it has amazing garden...
TripAdvisor Traveler RatingView more
- m | On foot about minutes
There is no Station nearby. There is no Bus Stop nearby. There is no Parking nearby. There is no IC nearby.