Kuroshio Market (黒潮市場)
You’ll find this seafood market on the manmade Wakayama Marina City island in Wakayama Bay, Wakayama City, Wakayama Prefecture. The building has a retro Showa-period atmosphere complete with a fresh fish market with catches from the nearby sea and all over the world, a food court where you can enjoy a seafood rice bowl and sushi, and restaurants with tons of seafood options. There’s also a spectacular tuna slicing show held three times a day, not to mention a seafood barbecue area where you can feel the sea breeze and see the ocean while grilling fresh fish you bought at the market.
Wakayama Pref. Wakayamashi Kemi 1527 (Wakayama / KinokawaArea)
10:00-18:00 (Sunday, Subject to change depending on the season)
Review of Kuroshio Ichiba UmidokoTripAdvisor Traveler Rating
- 10:00-18:00 (Sunday, Subject to change depending on the season)
- Irregular holidays, twice a year (maintenance closed)
- Parking Lot
- Credit Card
- Available(VISA, MasterCard, JCB)
- Not available
- Vegetarian Menu
- Not available
- English Menu
- Temporary suspension of operations:Closed until June 4, 2020 (Information as of June 2, 2020)
* Information may be changed, so please be sure to check the official information.
Information Sources: NAVITIME JAPAN
- On foot aboutminutes
- about m
- Route from this Station Route from this Bus Stop Route from this IC Route from this Parking
Nearby Tourist Attractions
Wakayama prefecture unites pilgrims, food lovers, and culture buffs in a tranquil corner of Japan at the base of the Kii Peninsula. The setting for many a Kumano Kodo pilgrimage trail, Wakayama invites those in search of spirituality from one side of the prefecture to the other, from the 100-plus Buddhist temples of the sacred Mount Koya in the west to the inspiring temples of the Kumano Sanzan set among breathtaking nature in the east. Once the grueling hike is complete, make a beeline for Wakayama city to savor some of the country’s most delicious ramen noodles.