You’ll find this Turkish memorial building in Kushimoto Town of Higashimuro County, Wakayama Prefecture. The “Ertuğrul Fırkateyni,” a wooden battle cruiser from the Ottoman Empire bearing a special envoy, sank in 1890 in the Kumano Sea, resulting in 587 deaths. Thanks to the generous rescue efforts of the locals, Japan and Turkey have enjoyed warm relations ever since. The building contains materials related to the sunken vessel as well as models, mementos from the sailors, and more. You can see the crash site from the observation deck on the second floor.
- Wakayama Pref. Higashimurogunkushimotochou Kashino 1025-25
- open everyday
- [Admission fee]Adults500yen, High school students and below 250yen
- Parking Lot
- Credit Card
- Not available
- Not available
- Available(wakayama Free)
Temporary closure:Currently closed (information as of June 8, 2020)
* Information may be changed, so please be sure to check the official information.
- Can be enjoyed even on a rainy day
- Estimated stay time
- 0-30 minutes
- Wheelchair accessible
- Infant friendly
Information Sources: NAVITIME JAPAN
- It is very interesting, unfortunately everything is in Japanese and Turkish only.
- It is very interesting, unfortunately everything is in Japanese and Turkish only. However, they do have some papers that they can lent you (you can not take it) with all the information about the...
- Quiet place but amazing scenery from the lighthouse and museum
- If youre in the area make a visit to this museum. The museum itself is quite small, with some nice artefacts. The scenery/view from the balcony is great:the rocks are still visible, just like in...
- This museum is a monument for the Egtugrul Naval Ship which was the first visit in 1890s from Turkey (those days Ottoman Empire) to Japan. After the visit ship accident occurred and died over 500...
TripAdvisor Traveler RatingView more
- m | On foot about minutes
There is no Station nearby. There is no Bus Stop nearby. There is no Parking nearby. There is no IC nearby.
Other areas of Wakayama
- Wakayama City Suburbs
- Wakayama Marina City
- Wakayama Castle
- Aeon Mall Wakayama
- Mt. Koya / Ryujin Onsen / Kudoyama
- JA Kinosato Farmers Market Mekkemon Square
- Okunoin Temple
- Koyasan Reihokan Museum
- Kainan / Arita / Minabe / Tanabe
- Kumano Hongu Taisha shrine
- Shirasaki Kaiyokoen
- Ryujin Onsen Motoyu
- Kushimoto / Koza / Susami
- Cape Shionomisaki
- Hashikuiiwa Rocks
- Kushimoto Marine Park
- Nachikatsuura / Taiji / Shingu
- Kumano Nachi Taisha Shrine
- Nachi Waterfall (Hiro Jinja Shrine)
- Kumano Hayatama Taisha Shrine