Suzuhiro Kamaboko Museum (鈴廣のかまぼこ博物館)
This hands-on workshop facility is in Kazamatsuri, Odawara City. Each floor is divided into themes such as tradition and technique and food and chemistry. Guests can observe the manufacturing process and try their hands at making kamaboko and chikuwa fish cakes. On the second floor there is also a permanent gallery of work from their International Small Art Exhibition, Suzuhiro Kamaboko Board Painting Contest Besides kamaboko, original souvenirs are also for sale.
Kanagawa Pref. Odawarashi Kazamatsuri 245 Suzumiya inside Kamaboko (Hakone / Yugawara / OdawaraArea)
Review of Suzuhiro Kamaboko MuseumTripAdvisor Traveler Rating
The factory is located just a couple of stations from Odawara...
- Kanagawa Pref. Odawarashi Kazamatsuri 245 Suzumiya inside Kamaboko [map]
- open everyday (excluding New Year's Holiday, temporary Days closed)
[Factory tour] Wednesday
- [Admission fee] Free
[Kamaboko/Chikuwa Handmade Experience Class] 1,650yen (1Sunday 5 times)
[Chikuwa Handmade Experience Class (Wednesday only)] 550yen (1Sunday 6 times)
[Kamaboko Handmade Experience] 1,100yen (1Sunday 6 times)
* Children under Elementary School Students can experience with their parents
- Parking Lot
- Credit Card
- Available (VISA, MasterCard, JCB, AMEX, DinersClub, etc.)
- Temporary suspension of business:Closed until May 31, 2020 (Information as of May 8, 2020)
* Information may be changed, so please be sure to check the official information.
Information Sources: NAVITIME JAPAN
- On foot aboutminutes
- about m
- Route from this Station Route from this Bus Stop Route from this IC Route from this Parking
Nearby Tourist Attractions
Kanagawa prefecture acts as an extension of the Tokyo metropolis that spills over into coastal towns, most notably Yokohama city, heavily populated and known for its Chinatown and seaside attractions. Just the right distance for a day trip out of Tokyo, Kanagawa is home to some of Tokyo’s most accessible beaches, including around Kamakura, best known for its Big Buddha. Visitors can also travel a little farther afield for a weekend at Hakone onsen town.