Lalique Museum Hakone箱根ラリック美術館
An art museum located in Hakone Town, Ashigarashimo County, Kanagawa Prefecture. The museum’s collection consists of some 1,500 pieces created by French jeweler and glass artisan René Lalique. The museum’s standing exhibition displays approximately 230 select items from amongst this collection. Visitors can view pioneering masterpieces which anticipated modern jewelry trends, perfume bottles, flower vases, and building ornamentation produced by Lalique in the latter stage of his career. There’s also an actual Orient Express train car which was decorated by Lalique and which visitors can actually see inside.
Kanagawa Pref. Ashigarashimogunhakonemachi Sengokuhara 186-1 (Hakone / Yugawara / OdawaraArea)
- Kanagawa Pref. Ashigarashimogunhakonemachi Sengokuhara 186-1 [ map ]
- 9:00-17:00(Latest entry16:30)
- Irregular holidays(exhibition replacement periods)
- [Admission fee]
[College Student/High School Students/Cineer (Over 65)] 1,300yen
[Small, Junior High School Students]800yen
- Parking Lot
- Credit Card
- Vegetarian Menu
- Not available
- English Menu
- Temporary suspension:Closed until May 31, 2020 (Information as of May 28, 2020)
* Information may be changed, so be sure to check the official information.
Information Sources: NAVITIME JAPAN
- On foot aboutminutes
- about m
- Route from this Station Route from this Bus Stop Route from this IC Route from this Parking
Nearby Tourist Attractions
Kanagawa prefecture acts as an extension of the Tokyo metropolis that spills over into coastal towns, most notably Yokohama city, heavily populated and known for its Chinatown and seaside attractions. Just the right distance for a day trip out of Tokyo, Kanagawa is home to some of Tokyo's most accessible beaches, including around Kamakura, best known for its Big Buddha. Visitors can also travel a little farther afield for a weekend at Hakone onsen town.