An aquarium located in Shimoda City, Shizuoka Prefecture built on the water using a natural bay. In the Perry aqua dome situated in the middle of the bay, visitors can view large aquarium tanks recreating the ocean off Izu. There are also bottlenose dolphin shows held on the aquarium’s “marine stage.” Meanwhile, Pacific white-sided dolphin and sea lion shows are held in the aquarium’s marine stadium. Exhibiting some 250 species and 1,500 individual marine creatures, facilities such as a penguin pool, earless seal hall, and sea turtle pond have made the aquarium a top destination for visitors to Shimoda.
- Shimoda-shi, Shizuoka prefecture 3-22-31
- 9:00-16:30 * Business Hours vary depending on the season.
- open everyday (However, Dec. Has Days closed between 4 Sundays)
- [Admission fee] Adults (Junior high school students and older) 2,100yen, Children (4 years old-Elementary school students) 1,050yen
- Parking Lot
- Credit Card
- Available (VISA, MasterCard, JCB, AMEX, UnionPay)
- Not available
- English Menu
Temporary suspension of business:Closed until May 31, 2020 (Information as of May 25, 2020)
* Information may be changed, so be sure to check the official information.
- Can be enjoyed even on a rainy day
- Average budget
- Estimated stay time
- 60-120 minutes
- Wheelchair accessible
- Infant friendly
- Pet friendly
- Yes (restaurants are not allowed, Wednesdays are allowed)
Information Sources: NAVITIME JAPAN
Articles about this spot
- Nice Shows
- Unique aquarium, as the name suggests, it is a floating aquarium in the sense that they have built a floating bridge on sea water and also building on top of sea. There are couple of Dolphin shows...
- Need improvement
- Dolphins show and penguins show were good to watch. However, the sea turtles were kept inhumanely. It was painful to see them. Many huge sea turtles were packed in one tiny water tank. And the otters...
- SOMEWHERE BEYOND THE SEA
- Shimoda floating aquarium is one of the most unique aquarium I have ever seen. A huge aquarium that has 200 species of fish, located at the port of Wakanoura bay in Shimoda, Shizuoka. They have a...
TripAdvisor Traveler RatingView more
- m | On foot about minutes
There is no Station nearby. There is no Bus Stop nearby. There is no Parking nearby. There is no IC nearby.