Located in Kawazu Town, Kamo County, Shizuoka Prefecture, iZoo is one of the largest zoos in Japan dedicated to reptiles and amphibians. iZoo cares for a diverse variety of reptiles and amphibians, including an endangered Galapogos giant tortoise, iguanas, lizards, snakes, and frogs. In addition to indoor and outdoor animal exhibits, visitors can also enjoy taking commemorative photos, petting, and feeding some of the zoo’s creatures. Children 30 kilograms and under can take a photo riding the giant tortoise (extra fee required). Closest station: Kawazu Station on the Izu Kyuko Line. Closest bus stop: The “Shobusawa” stop on the Tokai Bus.
- Shizuoka Pref. Kamogunkawaduchou Hama 406-2
- 9:00-17:00(Last entry16:30)
- open everyday
- [Admission fee] [Adults (Junior high school students and older)] 2,000yen [Children (Elementary school students)] 800yen [Toddlers (under 6 years old)] Free
- Parking Lot
- Credit Card
- Available (VISA, MasterCard, JCB, AMEX, UnionPay, DISCOVER, Diners Club) * Not available when using discounts
- Not available
Temporary suspension:Closed until May 6, 2020 (Information as of May 1, 2020)
* Information may be changed, so be sure to check the official information.
- Can be enjoyed even on a rainy day
- Estimated stay time
- 60-120 minutes
- Wheelchair accessible
- Not possible (because the park is a three-story building with only stairs) * No toilet for wheelchairs
- Infant friendly
Information Sources: NAVITIME JAPAN
Articles about this spot
- Unique! One of a kind.
- 私は爬虫類には全く興味がないのですが、カメレースとガラパゴスゾウガメとの写真が本当に良い印象に残りました！Even I am not interested in them, very rare crocodiles and chameleons were very interesting to see. We took photos with Galapagos Turtle and...
- Perfect place for reptile lovers!
- This is the perfect spot if you are reptile lover!! Tons of varieties of reptiles. very clean and cool enclosures which I felt their love for reptiles. What I most impressed was they work hard on the...
- Reptile based zoo
- This is a fantastic zoo for any fans of reptiles and amphibians. It has a very large variety of reptiles on display and fantastic interactive experiences! Highlights for us were the free range...
TripAdvisor Traveler RatingView more
- m | On foot about minutes
There is no Station nearby. There is no Bus Stop nearby. There is no Parking nearby. There is no IC nearby.