Sanada Treasure Museum
Museum / Science Museum
The Sanada Treasure Museum opened in 1966 to display the various battle articles and furniture handed over by the 12th-generation head of the Sanada household, Koji Sanada. Among the exhibited items are the “Aoe war sword,” considered an Important Cultural Property, the “Nobori Hashigo armor used by Masayuki Sanada, documents from Takeda Shingen, Toyotomi Hideyoshi, Ishida Mitsunari, and Tokugawa Ieyasu, and more for a collection of about 50,000 articles total. Exhibitions are rotated four times a year, and there are workshops and other experiences as well. It’s about 10 minutes from the Nagano Interchange on the Joshin-Etsu Expressway.
- Nagano Pref. Naganoshi Matsushiromachi Matsushiro 4-1 Map
[Apr.- Oct.]9:00-17:00(Last entry16:30)
[Nov.- Mar.]9:00-16:30(Last entry16:00)
- Tuesday (Open on public holidays), Sanitization Period, New Year's holiday
- [During the special exhibition period (7/2-12/19, 2020)] [General] 800yen[Periods other than the above] [General] 600yen[Small, Junior high school students] 100yen
- Parking Lot
- Credit Card
- Not available
- Not available
- Can be enjoyed even on a rainy day
- Estimated stay time
- 30-60 minutes
- Wheelchair accessible
- Infant friendly
Information Sources: NAVITIME JAPAN
Articles about this spot
- Sanada Maru (TV Series) comes to life.
- We followed the advice from other posters. We took the #30 Bus from the JR Nagano Station busstop #3. About 30 min and 650 Yen later we arrived at the transit center and walked about two blocks to...
- No matter understand Japanese or not, its definitely worth to visit
- Its not my first time to go there. I went there last time in 2009, I came here again in 2016 due to the Daiga Dorama (大河ドラマ) Sanada maru (真田丸) on air. As a fans of Sanada clan and this dorama I...
- Excellent experience, very little English
- Starters:There is a bus to get here that is not the JR rail. If you are interested, you need to take the Alpico line bus 30 from the Nagano City Bus Bay 3. Alpico is not included in Google Maps...
TripAdvisor Traveler RatingView more
- m | On foot about minutes
There is no Station nearby. There is no Bus Stop nearby. There is no Parking nearby. There is no IC nearby.