Hida Great Limestone Cave
The Hida Great Limestone Cave is located between Hida Takayama and the Okuhida Onsengo. Running a total length of about 800 meters, it is among the greatest tourist limestone caves in Japan. In the cave you can also see a rare form of stalactite known as a helictite, the only known occurrence in Japan. These bizarre looking cave deposits grow in all directions. As well as the limestone cave there is the Ohashi Collection Kan Museum which displays artworks collected by Sotokichi Ohashi, the discoverer of the Hida Great Limestone Cave. About 1,000 pieces of artworks are on display.
- Gifu Pref. Takayamashi Nyukawachouhiyomo 1147
- Takayama Area
- open everyday
[Hida Great Limestone Cave/Ohashi Collection Hall Common Ticket]
[Adults (High School Students and above)] 1,100yen
[Small, Junior High School Students] 550yen
- Parking Lot
Available (passenger car 200 spaces, large bus 6 spaces)
- Credit Card
- Available (VISA, MasterCard, JCB, AMEX, UnionPay, DISCOVER, Diners Club)
- Not available
Temporary suspension of business:Closed until May 31, 2020 (Information as of May 15, 2020)
* Information may be changed, so please be sure to check the official information.
- Can be enjoyed even on a rainy day
- Average budget
- [Lunch] 1-1,000yen
- Estimated stay time
- 30-60 minutes
- Infant friendly
Information Sources: NAVITIME JAPAN
- Interesting cave
- The reason for the 3 stars is generally for the lack of English description. If not, I will give 4 as the lighting is great inside unlike some others, signage is good and the route is not slippery...
- Not really worth to come
- We came here due to good recommendation by Skyyer but considered a disappointed trip there. Basically there was nothing to see but just some rocks inside the cave. It was so different from what we...
- Worth a visit if you are a geologist
- The visit comprises of a historical museum and the limestone cave. We rushed to visit the cave and thought we could go back to visit the historical museum, unfortunately, the exit lead us away from...
TripAdvisor Traveler RatingView more
- m | On foot about minutes
There is no Station nearby. There is no Bus Stop nearby. There is no Parking nearby. There is no IC nearby.