World Freshwater Aquarium
The World Freshwater Aquarium recreates a natural freshwater environment with a focus on fish found in the Nagara River from its source to the river mouth, and freshwater fish from around the world. The aquarium houses around 220 species of fish and amphibians totaling about 20,000 animals, and about 30 species of aquatic plants with about 2,000 plants in all. The aquarium features the world’s largest river environment learning zone and one of the world’s leading displays on breeding freshwater animals. The whole building is easily accessible for wheelchair users, and there is a restaurant and shops selling original goods. It is also possible to hire out the aquarium and restaurant after closing as a venue for events.
- Gifu Pref. Kakamigaharashi Kawashimakasadamachi 1453
- Gifu Area
[Saturday, Sunday, Public holiday]9:30-18:00(Latest entry17:00)
- According to river environment paradise
[Middle/High School Students] 1,130yen
[Elementary School Students] 770yen
- Parking Lot
- Credit Card
- Available(VISA, MasterCard, JCB, AMEX, Diners Club)
- Others (Not available in the park, smoking space in the park only)
- Available (some Available)
Temporary suspension of business:Closed until May 31, 2020 (Information as of May 15, 2020)
* Information may be changed, so please be sure to check the official information.
- Can be enjoyed even on a rainy day
- Estimated stay time
- 60-120 minutes
- Wheelchair accessible
- Infant friendly
Information Sources: NAVITIME JAPAN
- fun place for kids
- so many fishes weve never seen, their collection is great also we enjoyed feeding the fishes and you can also touch the huge turtles so definitely the kids will have fun, food trucks outside are...
- On the way from Kobe to Nagano
- Were looking for an attraction to break a long drive up north. This was a good choice. 2hr fun visit, interesting not only for the kids, very well organized site, nice experience.Wouldnt drive 2...
- Unique experience that exceeded expectations
- There are plenty of marine aquariums around Japan, but this one is specifically freshwater. Huge variety of exhibits, and probably one of the only places youll see things like the Japanese giant...
TripAdvisor Traveler RatingView more
- m | On foot about minutes
There is no Station nearby. There is no Bus Stop nearby. There is no Parking nearby. There is no IC nearby.