Other Natural Terrain
This beautiful scenery was created from the lava that flowed out and spread when Mt. Asama had its giant eruption in 1783. The sight of the giant lava boulders scattered around makes for an impressive sight. In spring the lovely alpine plants bloom in profusion, while visitors can enjoy the changing leaves in the fall. The contrast with the deep black earth is indeed a sight to behold.
- Gunma Pref. Agatsumaguntsumagoimura Kambara 1053 Map
- Agatsuma Area
8:00-17:00 (Last entry16:30)
*Subject to change depending on the season
- open everyday
[Adult(Junior high school students and older)]650yen
[Children(Small, Junior high school students)]450yen
- Parking Lot
- Credit Card
- Available (VISA, MasterCard, JCB, AMEX, UnionPay)
- Available (Onimeshi Center)
- Average budget
- [Lunch] 1,001-3,000yen
- Estimated stay time
- 30-60 minutes
- Wheelchair accessible
- Infant friendly
- Pet friendly
Information Sources: NAVITIME JAPAN
Articles about this spot
- どこを見ても溶岩に囲われていて、自然の凄さや強さを感じることができる場所でした。景色も良く30分ほど歩きました。一度は訪れるべき、おすすめの場所です。I drove there at late February.There is nice view and I felt the power of nature.I walked for about 30 minutes there...
- Beautiful scenery
- The lava field is interesting. The reds of the shrines also stand out among the grey of the lava field.
- Worthwhile to visit
- Although a little outside standard places to visit, the park is definitely worthwhile to visit. You can do some nice walks around the park and visit the temple. Facilities are a little outdated but...
TripAdvisor Traveler RatingView more
- m | On foot about minutes
There is no Station nearby. There is no Bus Stop nearby. There is no Parking nearby. There is no IC nearby.