Emerald Beach is a Y-shaped beach near Okinawa Churaumi Aquarium in the Ocean Expo Park. It is divided into three sections; one for playing, one for resting, and one for viewing, and the large beach can accommodate about 3,000 people at the same time. The beautiful sea is so transparent we can see the white sand on the ocean floor easily, and the beach has been selected as one of Japan’s top 100 bathing beaches.
- Okinawa Pref. Kunigamigunmotobuchou Ishikawa 424 Ocean Expo Park
- [4/1-9/30] 8:30-19:00 [10/1-10/31] 8:30-17:30 [Swimming period] Apr.--Oc.
- Dec.'s 1st Wednesday and its next day
- [Admission fee]Free
- Parking Lot
- Credit Card
- Available (VISA, MasterCard, JCB, AMEX, UnionPay)
- Not available
- English Menu
Temporary closure:Currently closed (information as of May 27, 2020)
*Information may be changed, so please be sure to check the official information.
- Can be enjoyed even on a rainy day
- Average budget
- [Day] 1-1,000yen [Night] 1-1,000yen
- Estimated stay time
- 60-120 minutes
- Wheelchair accessible
- Infant friendly
- Pet friendly
Information Sources: NAVITIME JAPAN
Articles about this spot
- Clean beach (Oct 2019)
- Emerald beach walks very clean. There are permanent ‘parasol’ type of seating which provides shade from the sun and some seating area for one to rest when out of water. There are around 4 big floats...
- Decent beach near Churaumi aquarium
- We didnt have much time in Okinawa so we thought wed head to the aquarium then to this beach, knock two birds out with one stone. The beach was clean and had free showers. There was a gift shop as...
- Nice clean beach to relax
- Beach was nice and clean. Water was clear and blue. Unfortunately, I’m not so much of a beach person. Stopped here only because I was on the aquarium trolley. You will like it if you like beaches.
TripAdvisor Traveler RatingView more
- m | On foot about minutes
There is no Station nearby. There is no Bus Stop nearby. There is no Parking nearby. There is no IC nearby.