This specialty shop for crafting tsumami (small accessories) located in the Kita Ward of Kyoto City in Kyoto Prefecture is based in a machiya (townhouse) with a dignified appearance that was built in Japan’s Taisho period. Inside, the shop has arranged many lovely little tsumami crafts including hair ornaments and colorful kimono accessories made from old cloth recycled from kimonos. The “tsumami workshop experience” is popular as it enables participants to make their own original hairpins by arranging cloths in their choice of colors. One of the shop’s artisans will carefully explain how to make tsumami, starting with how to handle the necessary implements, so even beginners can participate with ease (advance reservation required).
- Kyoto Kyoutoshi Kita-ku Murasakinomonzenchou 25
- Around Kamigamo Area
- Parking Lot
- Available (Proximity coin parking, Auxiliary Available with purchase of 3,000yen or more)
- Credit Card
Information Sources: NAVITIME JAPAN
- wonderful experience
- If you admire the Japanese kimono and beautiful things, go to this store and take their class. We had such a good time creating our own hair ornament. The instructor didnt really speak any English...
- Best ornament store I’ve ever been!!!真的超赞得店
- Guys come check this store out if you come visit Kyoto. All products are handmade and they look amazingly gorgeous. I know the store owner well and he is awesome!! Although the main target customers...
- Go there if you like beautiful things!
- This is a lovely shop where you can admire and buy not only traditional hair ornaments but various small beautiful things which can be excellent gifts or souvenirs from Japan. For example we bought...
TripAdvisor Traveler RatingView more
- m | On foot about minutes
There is no Station nearby. There is no Bus Stop nearby. There is no Parking nearby. There is no IC nearby.