Yachioyaza, one of Japan’s Important Cultural Properties, is a playhouse built in 1910. Since opening they have put on a variety of shows, but with the changing era the number of visitors fell and the place closed. However, thanks to the ardent fund-raising activities of groups both old and young, restoration took place over 30 years and it is now a working playhouse again. It is also possible to take a look behind the scenes of the theater, from the revolving stage to the theater basement.
Kumamoto Pref. Yamagashi Yamaga 1499 (Tamana / Yamaga / KikuchiArea)
Review of Yachiyoza TheaterTripAdvisor Traveler Rating
There are various events, play are performed in Yachiyo-za...
The countryside en-route is quite reminiscent of the...
- Kumamoto Pref. Yamagashi Yamaga 1499 [map]
- 9:00-18:00(Last entry17:30)
- 2ndWednesday, 12/29-1/1
- [Yachiyoza and Yumekozo] Adults530yen, Elementary and Junior High School Students270yen
- Parking Lot
- Credit Card
- Not available
- Temporary suspension:Closed until May 31, 2020 (Information as of May 12, 2020)
* Information may be changed, so please be sure to check the official information.
Information Sources: NAVITIME JAPAN
- On foot aboutminutes
- about m
- Route from this Station Route from this Bus Stop Route from this IC Route from this Parking
Nearby Tourist Attractions
Kumamoto lies in the center of Kyushu, a calm prefecture perfect for easy strolls around the historic center and lazy evenings in the natural hot springs at Kurokawa Onsen. For a slightly more strenuous activity, head to Mount Aso, whose surrounding hills offer hiking opportunities aplenty with views over the active volcano.