Beppu Jigoku Meguri (Hot Springs Tour)
Other Sightseeing Spot
For over a thousand years, the gasses, hot mud, and boiling waters erupting from beneath the area from Kanawa to Kamegawa have led it to being called the Jigoku (Hells) of Beppu. In 2009, four hot springs, Umi (Sea) Jigoku, Chinoike (Blood Pond) Jigoku, Tatsumaki Jigoku, and Shiraike (White Pond) Jigoku were designated as National Places of Scenic Beauty. Visiting these four hot springs in addition to three other famous ones is fun and enjoyable. In addition to hot spring eggs (slow boiled in hot spring waters), hell-themed souvenirs such as Chinoike ointment, and Enman no Yu (bath salts) are popular to take home and give to friends. A 15-minute drive by car from JR Beppu Station.
- Oita Pref. Beppushi Kannawa 559-1
- Beppu Area
- open everyday
- [Common admission ticket] [Adults (High school students and above)] 2,000yen [Children (small/Junior high school students)] 1,000yen [Adults (persons with disabilities)] 1,000yen [Children (with disabilities) )] 500yen
- Parking Lot
- Credit Card
- Not available
Information Sources: NAVITIME JAPAN
Articles about this spot
- Get the Ticket to Visit all the Hells
- If you are a first time visitor, you have to start your Beppu tour with the Hells of Beppu. There are seven in total, the first five are all within walking distance and the next two are 3km away...
- Absolutely fascinating
- The Hells of Beppu were super interesting.. 7 in total, all withiin walking distance of each other. (albeit 2 are 3km from the others). Each are unique and the surrounding area is beautiful...
- A must see location in Beppu
- Theres only two national class sight seeing points out of 10 in Beppu area. The Hell of Sea is the best one and you should never miss.
TripAdvisor Traveler RatingView more
- m | On foot about minutes
There is no Station nearby. There is no Bus Stop nearby. There is no Parking nearby. There is no IC nearby.