Beppu Jigoku Meguri (Hot Springs Tour)
Other Sightseeing Spot
For over a thousand years, the gasses, hot mud, and boiling waters erupting from beneath the area from Kanawa to Kamegawa have led it to being called the Jigoku (Hells) of Beppu. In 2009, four hot springs, Umi (Sea) Jigoku, Chinoike (Blood Pond) Jigoku, Tatsumaki Jigoku, and Shiraike (White Pond) Jigoku were designated as National Places of Scenic Beauty. Visiting these four hot springs in addition to three other famous ones is fun and enjoyable. In addition to hot spring eggs (slow boiled in hot spring waters), hell-themed souvenirs such as Chinoike ointment, and Enman no Yu (bath salts) are popular to take home and give to friends. A 15-minute drive by car from JR Beppu Station.
- Oita Pref. Beppushi Kannawa 559-1 Map
- Beppu Area
- open everyday
- [Common ticket] [Adults (high school students and above)] 2,000yen[Children (elementary and junior high school students)] 1,000yen[Adults (persons with disabilities)] 1,000yen[Children (with disabilities) person)]500yen
- Parking Lot
- Credit Card
Available (VISA, MasterCard, JCB, AMEX, DISCOVER, Diners Club)
*Not available at Oniyama and Tatsumaki
- Not available
- Can be enjoyed even on a rainy day
- Estimated stay time
- 120 minutes or more (2 hours- 2 hours 30 minutes)
- Wheelchair accessible
- Infant friendly
- Pet friendly
Information Sources: NAVITIME JAPAN
Articles about this spot
- Beautiful !!
- We did the beppu hells as a day trip from Fukuoka. Public transport was easy enough to navigate. The first 2 hells were underwhelming and their aquarium and crocodile displays were, in my opinion...
- If you are in Beppu already, you may as well go there. If you have to make a special trip to Beppu or an excursion from Fukuoka, it is not worth it. Despite they claim to have 7 jigoku, some are so...
- Dont bother.
- The title of my review sums it all up. You wont miss anything by giving this place a pass. The entire development is just too well organized and landscaped for it to be natural. While I m sure some...
TripAdvisor Traveler RatingView more
- m | On foot about minutes
There is no Station nearby. There is no Bus Stop nearby. There is no Parking nearby. There is no IC nearby.