Flower Park Kagoshima
A botanical park opened in 1996 which makes use of the local warm weather to good effect. Visitors can enjoy flowers from around the world in a garden setting which harnesses the natural geography and surrounding pine forest. An abundance of events and classes are held at the park year round; the Flower Park Illumination, during which the park grounds are lit up at night from early December to early January, is particularly famous. A bus circles the park grounds and baby strollers and wheel chairs are also available to lend, making the park a facility which can be enjoyed by people of all ages. A 90-minute drive by car from within Kagoshima City or 20 minutes by bus from JR Yamakawa Station.
- Kagoshima Pref. Ibusukishi Yamagawaokachogamizu 1611 Map
- Minamisatsuma Area
- 9:00-17:00 (Admission until 16:30)
- 12/30, 31
- [Admission fee] Adults (High school students and above) 630yen, Elementary and junior high school students 310yen, ToddlersFree
- Parking Lot
- Credit Card
- Available (VISA, MasterCard, JCB, UnionPay)
- Available (Not available in the park. 1 entrance)
- Can be enjoyed even on a rainy day
- Average budget
- [Lunch] 1-1,000yen
- Estimated stay time
- 60-120 minutes
- Wheelchair accessible
- Infant friendly
Information Sources: NAVITIME JAPAN
Articles about this spot
- The park review
- The park was very neat but lack intensity of floral display. The buggy offered for seniors were few in numbers. I saw only one which was insufficient. The labelling of plants and tress were all in...
- Worth the trip
- It took 1 hour by train from Kagoshima, than a half hour bus ride to get there. The park is moderately priced and well maintained. The flowers are colorful and fragrant.
- Must visit on a beautiful weather
- I visited on rainy day. There were very few people inside when I visited. It was nice and it would be nicer with a good weather.After passing the ticket office, the entrance is full of scent of...
TripAdvisor Traveler RatingView more
- m | On foot about minutes
There is no Station nearby. There is no Bus Stop nearby. There is no Parking nearby. There is no IC nearby.