Oita Marine Palace Aquarium Umitamago
A large aquarium located in Oita City, Oita Prefecture next to Takasakiyama Nature Zoo, famed for its Japanese macaque exhibit. Designed around the theme of an aquarium where visitors can make friends with the animals, Umitamago is filled with exhibits and attractions which let visitors experience sea and river life up close and personal, including aquariums which recreate natural environments, a variety of shows, and opportunities to get close and even touch animals. The aquarium’s giant tank, containing some 90 species and 1,500 individual sea creatures, is truly stunning. There’s also the popular and hilarious walrus show and the Asobeach play area, ensuring that Umitamago is fun for the whole family, from children to adults.
- Oita Pref. Oitashi Kanzaki Uto 3078 - 22 Map
- Oita City Area
※depending on the season, admission until 30 minutes before closing
- Irregular holidays (closed 3 Sundays a year for maintenance)
- [Admission fee] Adults (High school students and above) 2,600yen, Elementary and junior high school students 1,300yen, Toddlers (4 years old and above) 850yen
- Parking Lot
- Credit Card
- Available (VISA, MasterCard, JCB, AMEX, UnionPay, Diners Club)
- Not available
- Available (docomo, Softbank, UQ WiMAX, Umitamago FREE Wi-Fi)
- English Menu
Temporary suspension of business:Closed until May 31, 2020 (Information as of April 28, 2020)
* Information may be changed, so please be sure to check the official information.
- Average budget
- [Lunch] 3,001-5,000yen
- Estimated stay time
- 60-120 minutes
- Wheelchair accessible
- Infant friendly
Information Sources: NAVITIME JAPAN
Articles about this spot
- A Very Interesting Experience
- My husband and I went to visit this aquarium while we were in Oita. It is a convenient bus ride out of town, about halfway to Beppu. We arrived just in time to see the show. it was so interesting...
- Pleasantly surprised!
- I live near Sea World; therefore, I wasnt expecting much. However, they had great shows, and a lot of exhibits. I was pleasantly surprised. I love the fact that its by the sea. It made it seem...
- Umitami Aquarium
- Initially I have a reservation after visiting the place, but my family seem to enjoy the visit. They have some opportunity to play with the dolphin and live sea creatures.
TripAdvisor Traveler RatingView more
- m | On foot about minutes
There is no Station nearby. There is no Bus Stop nearby. There is no Parking nearby. There is no IC nearby.