SL Hitoyoshi (SL人吉)
This special steam locomotive runs between Kumamoto Station and Hitoyoshi Station on weekends and during long holidays. The nostalgia-filled sight of the steam billowing from the locomotive has captured the hearts of railway fans throughout the country. The interior features a classic, wood-centric design and contains an observation car, lounge, library, and buffet offering light snacks and drinks, not to mention commemorative passes and a photo service. Gaze out the window and take in the scenery as you let the steam locomotive’s pulsing beat reverberate through you.
Kumamoto Prefecture Kagoshima Main Line Kumamoto Station - Heiyatsu Line Hitoyoshi Station (KumamotoArea)
1Sunday 1 round trip Go through
Review of Sl HitoyoshiTripAdvisor Traveler Rating
Along with the great...
- Kumamoto Prefecture Kagoshima Main Line Kumamoto Station - Heiyatsu Line Hitoyoshi Station [map]
- 1Sunday 1 round trip Go through
- Irregular holidays (Mid-Nov.-Early Mar. Is suspended, driving Sunday is posted on JR Kyushu Web site)
- [All reserved seats, Kumamoto-Hitoyoshi] Adults One way 2,690yen, Children 1,340yen
* Fares/reserved seat tickets
- Credit Card
- Not available
- * Due to the interruption of the Hisatsu Line due to heavy rain, operation will be suspended for the time being from July 4, 2020.
Information Sources: NAVITIME JAPAN
- On foot aboutminutes
- about m
- Route from this Station Route from this Bus Stop Route from this IC Route from this Parking
Nearby Tourist Attractions
Kumamoto lies in the center of Kyushu, a calm prefecture perfect for easy strolls around the historic center and lazy evenings in the natural hot springs at Kurokawa Onsen. For a slightly more strenuous activity, head to Mount Aso, whose surrounding hills offer hiking opportunities aplenty with views over the active volcano.