Iwataya Main Shop
Complex Facility / Commercial Facility
This traditional department store opened in 1936 as the first railroad terminal department store in Kyushu. Its roots extend all the way back to 1754, when it operated as a kimono shop. A passageway connects the main building and the new annex, and inside you can find everything from men’s and ladies’ fashion to household goods, food items, cosmetics, interior goods, jewelry, restaurants, and more. For customers with children in tow, there are also brands aimed at kids. With the largest selection of goods in Kyushu, there is something here for everyone. The nearest station is Nishitetsu Fukuoka (Tenjin) Station.
- Fukuoka Pref. Fukuokashichuouku Tenjin 2-5-35 Map
- Nakasu / Tenjin Area
※Depends on establishment
- Irregular holidays
- Parking Lot
- Credit Card
- Others (Smoking area available only on the 5th floor of the main building and the 7th floor of the new building)
Temporary closure:Currently closed (information as of April 17, 2020)
* Information may be changed, so please be sure to check the official information.
- Wheelchair accessible
- Infant friendly
Information Sources: NAVITIME JAPAN
- Lots of animation on weekends
- I rent a bike and hung around Hakata and Tenjon station areas. Hakata is more focused on travellersbut Tenjinis more food-stalls, shopping, and open concerts etc.there’s big open stage in front of...
- Good shopping and excellent food basement
- You atypical department store, uneventful but great Japanese customer service. If you shop at Iwataya, there are a selection of hotels which they deliver, be sure to check when you get your tax...
- Food Choices at basement more attractive than stuff upstairs
- The department stores come in 2 phases of twin buildings, connecting by a walking bridge on 3rd floor. Despite we walked through almost every inch of the 2 buildings, we hardly find any attraction...
TripAdvisor Traveler RatingView more
- m | On foot about minutes
There is no Station nearby. There is no Bus Stop nearby. There is no Parking nearby. There is no IC nearby.