Kamaei (factory direct shop)
Other Factory Tour / Demonstration
Kamaei is a long-standing kamaboko seasoned fish paste company founded in 1905. In addition to conventional kamaboko served on a wooden plank, Kamaei offers a wide variety of kamaboko products, including Shiokaze kamaboko formed by steaming it in a plastic film to shape it; kamaboko steamed with crab and other seafood on top; and Noshi Kamaboko, a terrine-like dish made by combining layers of kamaboko. The Kamaei plant offers factory tours as well as selling kamaboko direct to customers. There's also a cafe space where you can enjoy fresh-cooked kamaboko and unusual kamaboko dishes served no place else.
- Hokkaido Otarushi Sakaimachi 3-7
- Otaru Area
- 1 hour free for use
- Parking Lot
* 1 hour free for users
- Credit Card
- Not available
- Not available
- English Menu
- Can be enjoyed even on a rainy day
- Average budget
- Estimated stay time
- 30-60 minutes
- Wheelchair accessible
- Infant friendly
- Pet friendly
Information Sources: NAVITIME JAPAN
- Great for take away
- Big range of fish cakes from sweet, spicy and savoury. And it stayed fresh overnight too as we bought some to eat in our hotel room the next day and it was still delicious. There is also a souvenir...
- Best fish cakes Ive ever had
- Omg. This store was recommended to us by our guide for sushi making class in Sapporo. So happy he recommended this to us because they have the best fish cakes ever. There also carry lots of...
- Great experience
- Very fresh fish cakes with amazing, different fillings. Help yourself to free flow hot tea when you eat-in. You can view their kitchen and watch how they prepare.Many locals bought frozen ones to...
TripAdvisor Traveler RatingView more
- m | On foot about minutes
There is no Station nearby. There is no Bus Stop nearby. There is no Parking nearby. There is no IC nearby.