Museum of Modern Aomori Literature
Museum / Science Museum
This literature museum opened in 1994 to give visitors a comprehensive overview of the literary world of Aomori which gave rise to many distinctive writers from the Meiji Period up to the present day. The museum's permanent collection features exhibits centered around 13 of Aomori Prefecture's most iconic writers:Koroku Sato, Ujaku Akita, Zenzo Kasai, Kojiro Fukushi, Yojiro Ishizaka, Komatsu Kitamura, Yao Kitabatake, Kyozo Takagi, Osamu Dazai, Kan'ichi Kon, Tetsuo Miura, Hideo Osabe and Shuji Terayama. In addition, it also holds special exhibitions three times a year.
- Aomori Aomori-shi Arakawa Fujito 119-7
- Aomori City Area
- 4thThursday, Odd Monday 2nd Wednesday, 4/1, New Year's Holiday, Inventory Check Period
- [Admission fee]Free
- Parking Lot
Available (323 spaces)
* Large buses require advance information
- Credit Card
- Not available
- Not available
- Wheelchair accessible
Information Sources: NAVITIME JAPAN
- Knowing local auteurs
- An Exhibition hall of the prefectural library.Sometimes they hold special display on local literatures and auteurs.
- A decent selection of English Books!
- Not outstanding, but good enough. When I was living in Aomori and out of reading material I discovered the English section of this library. The Building itself is large, and newish, and well...
TripAdvisor Traveler RatingView more
- m | On foot about minutes
There is no Station nearby. There is no Bus Stop nearby. There is no Parking nearby. There is no IC nearby.