Yokote Park Observation Deck
Observatory / Outlook
An observation deck located in Yokote Park in Shiroyama-machi, Yokote City. The observation deck is built to resemble a castle keep on the grounds of a former outer citadel (and is commonly called Yokote Castle). From the observation deck you can look out over the surrounding scenery including the Yokote Basin, Mt. Chokai, and the Yokote River. While the observation deck is closed from December to March it is briefly reopened in February during the Yokote Snow Festival.
- Akita Yokote Shiroyamamachi 29-1 Map
- Dec.- Mar. (Except during the Mid-Feb. Snow Festival)
- [Admission fee] 100yen, free for junior high school students and below (same as Gosannen Kassen Friday Sawa Museum, Yokote Fureai Center Kamakura Museum, Yojiro Ishizaka Literature Museum)
- Parking Lot
- Credit Card
- Not available
Information Sources: NAVITIME JAPAN
- A one day visit to Yokote.
- Took the Shinkansen to Omagari and then local to Yokote.Heavy snow so I took a taxi to the castle 1,600 yen. This was a day trip and I was unable to establish if there wasany bus service during...
- Small but mighty
- Only a little castle but situated in a nice area as part of Yokote Park. For Y100 you get to look around the reconstructed building where there are some good displays and information on the history...
- Beautiful castle, been there in Feb 2015 for the Kamakura. Easy to find from the station and cheap entry fee. Climb to the top for a great view.
TripAdvisor Traveler RatingView more
- m | On foot about minutes
There is no Station nearby. There is no Bus Stop nearby. There is no Parking nearby. There is no IC nearby.