JIDAIYA (時代衣裳変身スタジオ 時代や)
This studio established in 1995 offers people the opportunity to completely transform themselves with gorgeous costumes just like an actress. It has earned a reputation for its authentic costumes and its high technical prowess. Some of the studio's many costume options include maiko attire, Heian-era dress, courtesan garb, and a variety of men's costumes. There are also fun options for couples such as dressing up as a maiko and a Shinsengumi member, or as a princess and a samurai lord. There are even packages for school trips and children.
Kyoto Kyoto-shi Ukyo-ku Sagatenryujitateishicho 4-10 (Ayashiyama / SaganoArea)
- Kyoto Kyoto-shi Ukyo-ku Sagatenryujitateishicho 4-10 [map]
- 9:00-17:00(Last entry)
- Monday(Open on public holidays)
- It depends on the plan
- Parking Lot
- Not available
- Temporary suspension:Closed until May 31, 2020 (Information as of May 28, 2020)
* Information may be changed, so be sure to check the official information.
Information Sources: NAVITIME JAPAN
- On foot aboutminutes
- about m
- Route from this Station Route from this Bus Stop Route from this IC Route from this Parking
Nearby Tourist Attractions
Its wooden tea houses, shuffling geisha, and spiritual sights have seen Kyoto hailed as the heart of traditional Japan, a world apart from ultramodern Tokyo. Despite being the Japanese capital for over a century, Kyoto escaped destruction during World War II, leaving behind a fascinating history which can be felt at every turn, from the fully gold-plated Kinkakuji Temple down to traditional customs such as geisha performances and tea ceremonies, which are still practiced to this day.