Tenri University Sankokan Museum (天理大学附属天理参考館)
A museum along the Minami-Oji Road in Morimedo-cho, Tenri City. Their collection includes nearly 300,000 pieces related to everyday culture and classic works of art from around the world. Their permanent exhibition includes part of the collected centered around the twin themes of World Culture and World Antique Art. They also hold special exhibitions, themed exhibitions, lectures, and workshops.
Nara Tenri-shi Morimedocho 250 (Ikaruga / IkomaArea)
9:30-16:30 (admission until 16:00)
Review of Tenri Univeristy Sankokan MuseumTripAdvisor Traveler Rating
There are many objects, since kitchen itens until musical...
- 9:30-16:30 (admission until 16:00)
- Tuesday (Next Weekday for Public holidays), Founding Sunday (4/28), During SummerDays closed (8/13-17), New Year's Holiday (12/27-1/4)
- [Admission fee] Adults500yen, elementary, junior high and high school students 300yen, group (20 people and above) 400yen
- Parking Lot
- Available (Cars60spaces)
* Admission is restricted depending on the season Available.
- Credit Card
- Not available
Information Sources: NAVITIME JAPAN
- On foot aboutminutes
- about m
- Route from this Station Route from this Bus Stop Route from this IC Route from this Parking
Nearby Tourist Attractions
With a reputation almost as stellar as that of Kyoto, Nara is a must-visit for those searching for the remains of "traditional Japan." The largely green Nara city holds the majority of the prefecture’s treasures, such as the iconic Todai-ji Temple, in which a 15-meter tall Great Buddha sits, and Nara Park, where deer flock to befriend passersby. While mountains are by no means hard to come by in this area, for hiking with a reward, head to the Kii Mountains’ Yoshino district in spring, when the hillsides put on an impressive display of white and pink cherry blossoms.