"This sake brewery uses water from the Sake no Izumi, which has a nearly-religious following amongst sake connoisseurs thanks to its reputation for producing great sake. Known for its association with legends about the Buddhist monk Kukai, the aptly-named ""spring of sake"" is counted amongst the Three Miraculous Waters of Nikko. The brewery also pays great attention to the rice and yeast it uses. It is also notable for its use of the Sase-style straining, a time-consuming technique that forgoes the use of presses but ensures that the flavor of the rice remains in the sake. The brewery also offers tours to groups of up to 30. Large groups should call ahead of time."
- Tochigi Nikko-shi Segawa 146-2
- open everyday
- Parking Lot
- Credit Card
- Available (VISA, MasterCard, JCB, AMEX, UnionPay, DISCOVER, Diners Club)
- Not available
- Estimated stay time
- 0-30 minutes
Information Sources: NAVITIME JAPAN
Articles about this spot
- Unforgettable sake tour and tasting experience
- Short walk from the Nikko train station we arrived at Katayama Shuzo. We were greeted by the owner and his wife. The owner took us on a tour (no shoes), due to our timing the sake brewing season was...
- Amazing sake! Great experience!
- Katayama-San is very nice, and speaks some English, so his tour is pleasant and informative. The sake is absolutely incredible.
- 見学の際の案内がとても丁寧です。オールハンドメイドで市場に出ない幻のお酒。お酒の弱い方はお水と一緒にちびちびやったり、ごく少量の水で割るとよいと思います。The guide was very polite when I visited.(in Japanese)Rare liquor,theyre all handmade and not on the market.If you...
TripAdvisor Traveler RatingView more
- m | On foot about minutes
There is no Station nearby. There is no Bus Stop nearby. There is no Parking nearby. There is no IC nearby.