The Gotoh Museum (五島美術館)
A private museum in established in 1960. It features antique art collected before and after World War II by Gotoh Keita, a former chairman of the Tokyu Corporation, with a focus on pieces from the pre-Meiji period. There are about 5,000 pieces, including five National Treasures like The tale of Genji Scroll and the Murasaki Shikibu Diary. There are also 50 Important Cultural Properties, as well as a Special Library with 25,000 volumes. Among them are three National Treasures and 33 Important Cultural Properties. It's one of Japan's leading collections and widely used for research in a variety of fields by academics from Japan and abroad.
Tokyo Setagaya-ku Kaminoge 3-9-25 (Ebisu / Daikanyama / JiyugaokaArea)
10:00-17:00 (until reception 16:30)
- Tokyo Setagaya-ku Kaminoge 3-9-25 [map]
- 10:00-17:00 (until reception 16:30)
- Monday (Next Weekday for Public holidays), exhibition replacement periods, During Summer Maintenance Period, New Year's Holiday
- [Admission fee] General 1,000yen, High school/university students 700yen, Junior High School Students or less Free * Special exhibition is not included
Admission only (without exhibition viewing) is 300yen per person (Junior High School Students or less Free)
- Parking Lot
- Credit Card
- Available (VISA, MasterCard, TOP & Card, DC, UFJ, NICOS)
- Not available
- Not available
- * Tel is connected to the hello dial.
- Wheelchair accessible
Information Sources: NAVITIME JAPAN
- On foot aboutminutes
- about m
- Route from this Station Route from this Bus Stop Route from this IC Route from this Parking
Nearby Tourist Attractions
The setting of countless iconic movie scenes and the inspiration for songs, poetry, and literature worldwide, Tokyo barely requires an introduction. It’s hard for the kaleidoscopic neon lights, wacky pop culture, and some of the world’s tallest structures not to instill excitement in any first-time visitor to Tokyo, whether you’re in the very center of the hustle and bustle in Shinjuku or Shibuya or looking in from the quieter suburbs.