TOKYO POLYTECHNIC UNIVERSITY, SUGINAMI Animation Museum東京工芸大学 杉並アニメーションミュージアム
"A facility where you can learn about, experience, and gain a deeper understanding of Japanese animation across the generations. This is the first facility in Japan that provides a comprehensive introducing to the entire genre, from its history to its future. Entry is free. They screen a wide range of anime, including historic films, art anime, and popular works. They also hold exhibits providing the latest anime information. In addition, there is a monthly ""picture-story show"" as well as ""Parapara Animation"" workshops where you can learn about the anime creation process. The weekends can get crowded with families."
Tokyo Suginami-ku Kamiogi 3-29-5 Suginami Hall 3F (Kichijoji / Shimokitazawa / NakanoArea)
10:00-18:00 (Last admission 17:30)
Review of Suginami Animation MuseumTripAdvisor Traveler Rating
- Tokyo Suginami-ku Kamiogi 3-29-5 Suginami Hall 3F [ map ]
- 10:00-18:00 (Last admission 17:30)
- Monday(The next day for Public holiday), New Year's Holiday(12/28-1/4)
*There may be days when the facility is closed.
- Admission Free
- Parking Lot
- Not available
- Credit Card
- Not available
- Temporary suspension of business:Closed until June 1, 2020 (Information as of June 1, 2020)
* Information may be changed, so please be sure to check the official information.
Information Sources: NAVITIME JAPAN
- On foot aboutminutes
- about m
- Route from this Station Route from this Bus Stop Route from this IC Route from this Parking
Nearby Tourist Attractions
The setting of countless iconic movie scenes and the inspiration for songs, poetry, and literature worldwide, Tokyo barely requires an introduction. It's hard for the kaleidoscopic neon lights, wacky pop culture, and some of the world's tallest structures not to instill excitement in any first-time visitor to Tokyo, whether you're in the very center of the hustle and bustle in Shinjuku or Shibuya or looking in from the quieter suburbs.