The Museum of Fragrance, Iwata磐田市香りの博物館
This museum is in Tateno, Iwata City. This museum exhibits artifacts pertaining to the origins of scent, allowing one to experience fragrance through time, the history of which reaches as far back as to the four great civilizations of the world. At the fragrance experience corner one can try your hand at mixing fragrances and sandblasted bottles. In the adjoining terrace cafe is over 200 books on fragrance one can leisurely relax with free refill drinks.
Shizuoka Pref. Iwatashi Tateno 2019-15 (Iwata / KakegawaArea)
Review of The Museum of Fragrance, IwataTripAdvisor Traveler Rating
- 9:30-17:30(Latest entry17:00)
- Monday (The next day for public holidays)
- [Admission fee] General 250yen, Students (High School Students and above) 200yen (160yen), Elementary/Junior High School Students 100yen (80yen) * () indicates group discount for 20 people or more Friday
- Parking Lot
- Credit Card
- Available(VISA, MasterCard, JCB, AMEX)
- Not available
- Others (only designated places outside the library)
- Temporary suspension of business:Closed until May 18, 2020 (Information as of May 13, 2020)
* Information may be changed, so please be sure to check the official information.
Information Sources: NAVITIME JAPAN
- On foot aboutminutes
- about m
- Route from this Station Route from this Bus Stop Route from this IC Route from this Parking
Nearby Tourist Attractions
With the giant Pacific Ocean to the south and the great Mount Fuji to the north, Shizuoka prefecture is blessed with some of the best views the country has to offer. The white sand beaches of the Izu Peninsula are a rare find on mainland Japan, neighbored by beautiful cliffs, tumbling hills, and natural hot springs. As Japan's largest producer of green tea, the age-old tradition of tea drinking is ubiquitous in Shizuoka, from the miles of tea fields to the old tea houses hosting traditional tea ceremonies.