Mt. Nesugata (Shimoda Ropeway) (寝姿山(下田ロープウェイ))
This is a mountain in Shimoda City. The mountain got its name from the ridge line at the crest which looks like the outline of a woman sleeping on her back. An aerial tramway near the IzukyuShimoda Station connects passengers to the peak of the mountain from which a panoramic view of downtown Izu, Mt. Amagi, and the seven islands of Izucan been seen.
Shizuoka Shimoda-shi Higashihongo 1-3-2 (IzuArea)
Ropeway 8:45-16:45 minutes (depending on the season), final 16:15
Review of Shimoda RopewayTripAdvisor Traveler Rating
- Ropeway 8:45-16:45 minutes (depending on the season), final 16:15
- Ropeway is open everyday (may be closed due to strong wind)
- Ropeway round trip 1,030yen
- Parking Lot
- Credit Card
- *Unscheduled due to construction work until July 31, 2019.
Information Sources: NAVITIME JAPAN
- On foot aboutminutes
- about m
- Route from this Station Route from this Bus Stop Route from this IC Route from this Parking
Nearby Tourist Attractions
With the giant Pacific Ocean to the south and the great Mount Fuji to the north, Shizuoka prefecture is blessed with some of the best views the country has to offer. The white sand beaches of the Izu Peninsula are a rare find on mainland Japan, neighbored by beautiful cliffs, tumbling hills, and natural hot springs. As Japan’s largest producer of green tea, the age-old tradition of tea drinking is ubiquitous in Shizuoka, from the miles of tea fields to the old tea houses hosting traditional tea ceremonies.