Genkai Marine Park (玄海海中展望塔)
This observation tower is in Karatsu City, Saga Prefecture. The only under-sea observation point in the Sea of Japan, the 24 underwater windows offer a view seven meters below sea level, allowing observation of around thirty different sea creatures in their natural environment. In addition, the confluence of the Japan Current with the Tsushima Current allows glimpses of tropical fish, and the above-water deck offers views of islands in the Genkai Sea in three directions.
Saga Pref. Karatsushi Chinzeimachihado 1628-1 (Karatsu / YobukoArea)
Review of Genkai Underwater Observation TowerTripAdvisor Traveler Rating
You get a discount of the entry fee with a voucher from the parking
- Saga Pref. Karatsushi Chinzeimachihado 1628-1 [map]
- Karatsu / YobukoArea
- open everyday (may be closed during stormy weather)
- [Admission fee]Adults560yen Elementary and Junior High School Students270yen
- Parking Lot
- Available(235spaces/Some areas paid)
- Credit Card
- Not available
- Temporary suspension:Closed until May 31, 2020 (Information as of May 7, 2020)
* Information may be changed, so please be sure to check the official information.
Information Sources: NAVITIME JAPAN
- On foot aboutminutes
- about m
- Route from this Station Route from this Bus Stop Route from this IC Route from this Parking
Nearby Tourist Attractions
Away from the fast-paced cities of mainland Japan, Kyushu’s Saga prefecture offers quaint towns and cities known for their traditional crafts, particularly ceramics. Rich in kaolin (a type of clay), Saga became the homeland of Arita ware, a delicate, decorative porcelain that is now celebrated worldwide and can be discovered in the towns of Arita, Imari, and Karatsu.