Shiroishi Castle History Museum (白石城歴史探訪ミュージアム)
Approximately a 10-minute walk from the Shiraishi Station on the Tohoku Main Line, and a 10-minute drive from the Shiraishi Interchange off of the Tohoku Expressway, this museum is located alongside the Ote Ichinomikado gate to the Shiraishi Castle inside the Masuoka Park. The shop on the first floor of the castle sells items unique to the castle and other Japanese washi paper-craft products, and other local specialties such as Umen. One can enjoy at the restaurant various dishes incorporating umen such as shojuro umen using white miso, and their specialty soft ice cream. On the second floor is located the historical archive as well as a 1/100 scale model of the donjon surrounding the castle and other displays showing the steps by which the model was built. On the third floor is a theater which plays films in which the castle was used as a backdrop.
Miyagi Pref. Shiroishishi Masuokachou 1-16 (Shiroishi / ZaoArea)
Review of Shiroishijo Rekishitambo MuseumTripAdvisor Traveler Rating
- [Shiroishi Castle Admission Ticket] Adults400yen, Children (Small/Medium/High School Students) 200yen
[Common Ticket] Adults800yen, Children400yen
- Parking Lot
- Not available
* Shiroishi City Hall north side, castle open space parking lot Free
- Credit Card
- Available (VISA, MasterCard, JCB, AMEX, etc.)
* Available only at shops
- Temporary closure:Currently closed (information as of May 12, 2020)
* Information may be changed, so please be sure to check the official information.
Information Sources: NAVITIME JAPAN
- On foot aboutminutes
- about m
- Route from this Station Route from this Bus Stop Route from this IC Route from this Parking
Nearby Tourist Attractions
Lying along the northeastern coast of Japan, Miyagi prefecture is home to lashings of natural parks, oysters, and hot springs. While the bustling city of Sendai offers some simple city entertainment, it’s the Matsushima islands that deserve the most attention, having boosted the prefecture’s reputation as one of Japan’s most scenic views.