Sendai City Tomizawa Site Museum (地底の森ミュージアム(仙台市富沢遺跡保存館))
A museum where you can experience the Paleolithic located a five minute walk from the subway Nagamachi-Minami Station. The museum conserves and displays the actual Tomizawa Site, an archeological site and one of only a few in the world dating back 20 thousand years to the Paleolithic. The museum also has exciting exhibits which recreate what life looked like for human beings at that time. In the basement gallery, visitors can view the remains for a bonfire and forest from 20 thousand years ago. In the outdoor ice age forest exhibit, visitors can view seasonal flowers and insects in a recreated ice age forest.
Miyagi Sendai-shi Taihaku-ku Nagamachiminami 4-3-1 (SendaiArea)
9:00-16:45 (admission until 16:15)
Review of Chiteinomori MueumTripAdvisor Traveler Rating
- 9:00-16:45 (admission until 16:15)
- Monday, Jan.--Nove. 4th Thursday (open for Public holiday), The next day for Public holiday (Open for Saturday Sunday Public holiday)
- Adults460yen (common admission ticket with Sendai City Jomon no Mori Square), High School Students230yen, Elementary and Junior High School Students110yen
- Parking Lot
- Credit Card
- Not available
- Temporary suspension of business:Closed until May 31, 2020 (Information as of May 11, 2020)
* Information may be changed, so please be sure to check the official information.
Information Sources: NAVITIME JAPAN
- On foot aboutminutes
- about m
- Route from this Station Route from this Bus Stop Route from this IC Route from this Parking
Nearby Tourist Attractions
Lying along the northeastern coast of Japan, Miyagi prefecture is home to lashings of natural parks, oysters, and hot springs. While the bustling city of Sendai offers some simple city entertainment, it's the Matsushima islands that deserve the most attention, having boosted the prefecture's reputation as one of Japan's most scenic views.