Okayama Orient Museum
"A museum which contains many ancient works of Oriental art from Mesopotamian civilizations and other areas. The museum is located a 15-minute walk from the east entrance of JR Okayama Station along Prefectural Route 42. The museum was originally opened to house 1,947 works of art donated by Okayama University. The museum's collection continued to grow thanks to donations and loans and today the facility manages around 4,800 pieces of ancient art. The museum's collection primarily consists of earthenware, glass, and porcelain mosaics. The museum's centerpiece is its ""Relief of Protective Spirit, Apukallu"" Assyrian relief created in Iraq in the ninth century BCE."
- Okayama Pref. Okayamashi Kita-ku Tenjinchou 9-31
- 9:00-17:00(Last entry16:30)
- Monday (Next Weekday for Public holidays)
- [Admission fee] [General] 310yen [High school/university students] 210yen [Elementary and junior high school students] 100yen [65 and over] Free (special exhibition not included)
- Parking Lot
- Not available
- Credit Card
- Not available
- * Closed for about 1 year from October 1, 2020 due to large-scale renovation work
- Wheelchair accessible
- Infant friendly
Information Sources: NAVITIME JAPAN
Articles about this spot
- Disappointing for the price of 1100 yens; no English explanation
- I am a big fan of museums devoted to archaeology. I knew this one would be a small one, with limited English explanation, but it was advertised all around the city, both in Japanese and English, I...
- Fine museum, not tourist friendly
- This museum was fine-its mostly different artifacts in glass cases. Its pretty small though and not foreigner friendly. All of the signs were in Japanese. They gave me an English brochure that had...
- Small museum with some interesting collection
- It is a small muesum funded by some private donator. The collection cannot be compared with major national museums but it is still quite interesting with artifacts mainly from near East region and...
TripAdvisor Traveler RatingView more
- m | On foot about minutes
There is no Station nearby. There is no Bus Stop nearby. There is no Parking nearby. There is no IC nearby.