Hot Spring / Hot Spring Bath
A long-standing hotel established in 1917. The 165 thousand square meter hotel grounds sprawl in a quiet, natural forest. The hotel was formerly the Maruo Ryokan inn, where famous authors and poets such as Akiko Yosano, Mokichi Saito, and Ujo Noguchi stayed and left their handwritten works. The hotel’s bathhouse is supplied by a simple spring and a simple sulfur spring, and bathers can relax in a large indoor bath or outdoor bath. The waters of the simple spring can also be drunk for health benefits. The bathhouse is open to non-guests, and the hotel also boasts four outdoor baths which can be privately reserved for ultimate relaxation. The hotel serves traditional Japanese kaiseki course cuisine made with seasonal ingredients from Kagoshima.
- Kagoshima Pref. Kirishimashi Makizonochoutakachiho 3865
- Kirishima Area
[Large public bath Hours] 12:00-15:00 (Last entry)
[Chartered open-air bath] 11:00-14:10 (Last entry)
- Twice a year with Days closed
[Elementary School Students] 275yen
[Chartered open-air bath]
[Adult] 1,100yen (50 minutes)
[Elementary School Students] 550yen (50 minutes)
- Parking Lot
- Credit Card
- Not available
- Not available
- Available(ryokojin AP)
- English Menu
- * Due to the new Coronavirus epidemic, closed Sunday may be added. Please check with the facility for details.
- Average budget
- [Lunch] 1-1,000yen
- Estimated stay time
- 30-60 minutes
- Wheelchair accessible
- Infant friendly
Information Sources: NAVITIME JAPAN
- Onsen in the forest
- I booked a Japenese style room for one night. It faces the Sakurajima and the view is good. Meals are good but nothing special. Ladies can choose Yukata at the lobby and the one for men is placed in...
- Best view but room isn’t v.clean
- It’s high on the hill that caught the best view with best clarity of Sakurajima (the volcano) at daybreak! It’s absolutely exhilarating especially you grab a coffee at the balcony in the morning. Yet...
- Beauty and tranquility
- We had a relaxing night at this wonderful atmospheric Onsen hotel. Everything staff, food, grounds and onsen were magical.Although we were the only non Asian guests we felt very comfortable and...
TripAdvisor Traveler RatingView more
- m | On foot about minutes
There is no Station nearby. There is no Bus Stop nearby. There is no Parking nearby. There is no IC nearby.