Izumi City Crane Observation Center
Other Natural Terrain
A facility located a 40-minute drive from the Tsunagi interchange on the west circuit of the Minamikyushu Expressway where visitors can watch cranes up close. Only open from November 1 to the fourth Sunday in March the following year, the facility is a top wintertime tourism destination in Izumi City. From the two story, reinforced concrete building, the site of the over 10 thousand cranes which gather in the area is truly spectacular. The facility opens early only on January 1, enabling visitors at this time to see the first sunrise of the new year emerging over the cranes. There is a shop and café on the first floor, and visitors can enjoy a warm cup of coffee while watching the cranes.
- Kagoshima Pref. Izumishi Shou 2478-4
- Kitasatsuma Area
- open everyday (Mar. 2nd Sunday The next day-Oct. Closed at the end)
- [Admission fee] [Adult] 220yen [Small/Junior high school students] 110yen
- Parking Lot
- Available (Large Bus 20 spaces, Passenger Car 172 spaces)
- Credit Card
- Not available
- Available (Smoking area available outdoors)
- Vegetarian Menu
- Not available
- English Menu
- Available (partial)
- Can be enjoyed even on a rainy day
- Estimated stay time
- 30-60 minutes
- Wheelchair accessible
- Infant friendly
Information Sources: NAVITIME JAPAN
- Has an interesting amount of crane information. Doesnt open until after the cranes have flown in the morning. Has good views of the feeding cranes later in the day.
- Bus pass a great deal
- Thousands of cranes around the crane observatory. Very nice. Most of them are standing around or eating. Every so often some will fly overhead, an awesome sight! At the observatory, youll need...
- Thousands of Cranes
- This place fulfilled all my expectations. There were literally thousands of cranes in the fields around the center. They provide about it ton of grain each day for the birds, so they’re not flying...
TripAdvisor Traveler RatingView more
- m | On foot about minutes
There is no Station nearby. There is no Bus Stop nearby. There is no Parking nearby. There is no IC nearby.